BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I don't even like bananas, but I love these! Especially because they are gluten and vegan free.
-1 cup bananas, ripe and mashed, about 2 large bananas
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
-1 cup gluten free rolled oats
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, optional. I didn't add coconut.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Drop cookie batter onto the cookie sheets, a few inches apart. Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Let them cool on the backing sheet for 5 minutes. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
-3 large Zuccini (Depending on how big your dish is. I used 2 1/2
-3/4 lb ground beef
-A pinch of cumin
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
-1/2 cup cheddar cheese or goat cheese. (Goat cheese is our favorite)
-2 small tomatoes, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook fully. Add cumin, salt and pepper, and stir well. Add spaghetti sauce and cook for 5 minutes, over medium heat.
3. Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh. (I still used some of the inside to stay in the recipe.
4. Fill each zucchini half with the meat mixture. Top with the cheese and tomatoes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
SALSA CHICKEN CASSEROLE
-1 cup uncooked rice
-1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
-1 15oz. can black beans
-1 16oz. jar salsa
-1 cup chicken broth
-1/2 Tbsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp oregano
-2 large 1.5lb chicken breasts
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-2 whole green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Drain and rinse black beans. Add the beans, rice, corn, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder, and oregano to a casserole dish. Stir well.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into 3 pieces. Push the chicken pieces into the mixture in the casserole dish. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for one hour.
3. When the rice is tender, sprinkle the cheese over the top and return to the oven for a few more minutes, until melted. Add the sliced green onions on top after baking and serve hot.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice
-3 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
-2 cups uncooked instant rice
-1 cup water
-1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 cup diced celery
1. Combine soup, rice and water in crockpot. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle celery over chicken.
2. Cover; Cook on low 6 to 8 hours OR on high 3 to 4 hours.
20 Minute Chicken Burritos
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
-1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
-1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1 teaspoon cumin
-Salsa (A few tablespoons for each burrito)
-Sour Cream (A few tablespoons for each burrito)
1. Cook chicken, onion, chili powder, and cumin in large skillet on medium/high heat. Add black beans and cook 1 more minute while stirring. Remove from heat.
2. Add sour cream, salsa, and cheese to the flour tortilla. Add chicken mixture. Roll the tortilla and heat on the skillet for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Serve with extra sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, etc.
Balsamic Shrimp Salad
-1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
-1 tsp honey
-1/2 lb raw shrimp
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 clove of garlic
-1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
-1/2 tsp honey
-Lettuce (Spring salad mix)
-Sliced toasted almonds
-Feta cheese. (I usually use shredded cheddar)
1. Balsamic Reduction: Whisk balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp of honey in a small sauce pot, over medium/high heat, and bring mixture to simmer. Once it starts to simmer, turn the heat down to medium. Let vinegar slow simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture coats the spoon. It will take 7-10 minutes and thickens quickly during the last few minutes.
2. Shrimp: Preheat a medium saute pan on medium heat. Make sure all your ingredients are ready, at hand. Add oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic to the pan and quickly stir all together. Add shrimp and some salt. Saute shrimp until it turns pink on the side. Flip and cook the shrimp fully.
3. Top the lettuce with sliced strawberries, cheese, sliced toasted almonds, shrimp and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
-4 cups of green beans
-1 can chicken broth
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 (4 oz) package white mushrooms, sliced
-1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 cup milk
-1 teaspoon soy sauce
-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1 (6-oz) can french -fried onions, divided
1. Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-12 minutes. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9X12 baking dish.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
4. In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, milk, cheddar, 1/2 cup of the french-fried onions, soy sauce, and pepper.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining onions.
6. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
Crispy Oven Baked Potato Wedges
-Russet Potatoes (Washed, scrubbed, and dried)
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-salt and pepper
-2 Tablespoons Ketchup
-2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
-1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Cut potatoes in half, then cut the halves into thirds. Use a paper towel to completely dry any moisture. This is really time consuming, but is crucial if you want them crispy.
3. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil.
4. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Roast for 30 minutes . Reduce heat to 350 and flip the wedges over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes.
6. Make the Sriracha ketchup by combing all the ingredients.
Kale and Quinoa Minestrone (Vegan and Gluten Free)